Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Monday, November 02, 2009

My Favorite Time of Year

Autumn in Appalachia by
18ct. oatmeal with DMC
I love this time of year when the leaves are changing colors and it begins to cool down. So when I saw this design I just had to have it. It was a relatively easy stitch, so why then did I make some errors, I couldn't frog them out, so I improvised and not each tree is as it should be. Bet you can't spot them right off, I know I can't tell where they are :)
Speaking of the weather, as you probably can tell the picture was taken when the sun was out, that was the other day today it's cold and raining.

7 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Love your trees, both the ones you stitched and the real thing pictured above. Hope your weather improves but until then Happy Stitching, CJ ok;-)

Melissa said...

This is really cute, Irene and such a good reflection of what it looks like now! (well, on a dry day!) Good luck with your daily posting!

Pumpkin said...

Such pretty leaves on your trees :o)

CindyMae said...

That is gorgeous, I love it!

Brigitte said...

A great design which uses wonderful fall colours. And this little birdie on the left and the pumpkin on the right are so cute.

mumzy said...

Great design and nice autumn colours too.

Carolyn NC said...

Love this one!