Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Holly Frog !

That darn frog just won't leave. I decided to start LK Christmas Double Flip. I got the fabric especially for this so knew it was the right size, I just don't know how to count very well. I started the border across the top and down the sides a bit then started Holly, got the HO done and then the L wouldn't line up right. Found where I went wrong and had to rip what I had done, not the border thankfully. Got the HOLL done and half the Y and it wouldn't line up right. I started the top of the Y over one stitch too many, so instead of ripping it out I added a stitch at the bottom so it looks okay, I think. It's too late to take a picture now, maybe tomorrow.

A few weeks ago we met this dog at Trout Lake and he took an instant liking to Tiger. I managed to get a little video clip of them playing. You will hear his owner refer to him as a Jack Russell, which he is, only the tail was never cropped, which I rather like.

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Aww... the dogs look so cute playing together.

Sorry to hear about the frog visiting. Hate em!

Pumpkin said...

Sorry to hear about the frog Irene :o( I guess all your efforts failed. Grrrr!

What a cute puppy! I don't think I've ever seen a JR with a tail before.

Meari said...

Cute dogs! Sorry about the frog. Hopefully, he'll stay away for a while.

Danielle said...

The video was too cute! I love seeing dogs play like that.

Ruth said...

Bad, frog. Bad frog! Leave Irene alone!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Hope frog moves on soon just not this way. The LK Chrismas series is so sweet it will be worth the troubles. Cute video of the dogs. Happy Stitching, CJ(ok;-)

Beatrice said...

I'm doing the LK as well,I get the next 4 of the series today. Good luck...I hope the Holly frogs never come back to visit you!
Pups are cute. It look like that little one is pretty busy!

stitcherw said...

Sorry that blasted frog has been bothering you, hope he leaves for good soon. The LK flips are such a fun series. I don't have the Christmas one, but am loving the earlier words one. Hopefully once you get past Holly the rest will go smoother. Most of the words I've done have gone well, but there were a couple that about drove me nuts.

Cute earlier finish of Joy and Peace, and No Frogs Allowed turned out adorable. Loved the fun video of the dogs too.
Sue