Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Burn After Reading

Nope, not my blog. The movie. The furnace is broken and it was raining all day yesterday, so took my Mom to see a movie. Originally we planned on seeing The Women, but we were early and in time for this one. I'm not sure what I was expecting, surprising in a lot of parts, but overall it was a good movie. Brad Pitt plays the goofy/nerdy part very well.

Had someone out on Friday to look at the furnace and a part needs ordering, so it will be a few days before it gets fixed. We do have a gas fireplace so are not freezing by any means. Today is nice and the sun is trying to come out. Tiger and I walked Trout Lake twice to make up for yesterday, I might have done one more but she had a hard time keeping up with me.

Also started some finishes yesterday morning, but they are not quite done. Oh and I got the JCS Ornament issue, lots in there I would like to do, have even started the PS one. I'm stitching with the called for colors, but as I'm stitching it I start thinking it would look nice with green trees and a reddish/brown house, so may do another with those colors.

I'll have some pictures of my finishes to post in a few days.

5 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, yikes!!! Hope that your furnace is fixed soon...is it already cold enough to use it?

Isn't the ornament issue great?! I'm still stitching away on my LHN Angel...but it is my "in the bedroom project" so it's not getting tons of attention...

Can't wait to see your finishes!

Pumpkin said...

DH and I want to see that movie. I'm glad to hear someone liked it :o)

WHERE did you get your copy so early???? I've got mine coming from Needlecraft Corner so I hope it lands here this week. I can't wait!

Our heat isn't going on until the end of October but little does DH know, I've already turned it on for one morning ;o) Shhhhh!

Meari said...

I wondered if that movie was good. Thanks for the review. It's not cold here yet, but I hold off on turning on the furnace as long as possible... Usually end of Oct, beginning of Nov.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

The Women was very good, hope you get another try at it. I also loved the PS ornament, but the colors are a little different. Happy Stitching, CJ(ok;-)

stitcherw said...

Good luck getting the furnace fixed quickly. The weather does seem to be changing and unfortunately you'll probably be wanting it soon. I am so not ready for summer to be over.

I haven't seen that movie yet, but want too, the previews looked cute. Just got my JCS ornament issue too, that will be my reading for this weekend. :)
Sue