Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Monday, September 01, 2008

Blues and Frogs

Well It's been a while since I've been here. I was without a keyboard and it's kind of hard to keep a blog or yahoo groups up to date when there is nothing to type with. Then I got the "summer" head cold, the sore throat came first, then stuffy nose, now a lingering cough. I'm feeling blue enough with the lousy summer weather we've had I don't need to be sick any longer.

Even with feeling lousy I did manage to get some stitching done. I found these cute little patterns about a year ago, printed them off, but it doesn't say where I got them and I can't seem to locate where it was. If anyone recognizes them please let me know. There were 8 in total in light blue and reds. Anyways, here is two of them, didn't turn out like I thought they would, but they will do.

I couldn't resist this Helga Mandl pattern from the June 2008 issue of The Gift of Stitching. It's just the cutest, but hasn't' been doing a good job. Maybe if I move him closer to where I stitch it will help :)

That's it for today, tomorrow I will share more of what I've been stitching and some WIP's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to stitch up the froggy one for my house and keep it close by too! Lovely job. I don't know what the little Joy and Peace ones are but they sure are nice! Congrats!

Pumpkin said...

Glad to see you back Irene :o) A head cold in summer is no fun :o( Would you mind sending it to me so that I can get out of this family weeding this coming weekend???? LOL!

Your froggies are adorable and I just LOVE the fabric in behind :o)

Ginnie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your frog stitching is really cute.

~ Toni ~ said...

The frogs are cute...hopefully they will do there job. Love the background fabric, too. Happy Stitching, Toni