Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Stitching Goals

I have decided not to set any .........yet. I am using January to do an exchange at Hooked on Exchanging, finish WIP'S, some finishing (ornaments/pillows and such), organize my stash by starting with getting my floss back into order. Right now I have floss here and there with patterns here and there, other "stuff" here and there and they are not all in the same "here and there". Clutter may be the right word to use :) I have a huge collection of paperback books that I have read and need to get rid of and that alone will make ton's of space available. I have started my list of stitching goals and it's a bit over whelming. Once everything gets put in it's place I will see what I have or need. There is nothing like pulling out a pattern and and seeing that it calls for a dyed floss that you don't have on hand and yet the model is stitched with it and you really want it to look like that :) It has happened to me so many times. I plan on "kitting" my projects up and am hoping this will help.

Speaking of reading, well I did mention my paperback books. I just finished a delightful book by Sophie Kinsella "The Undomestic Goddess". I could just picture what was being written in my mind and bring it to life. I am now having a hard time getting into reading a Mary Higgins Clark book and I can usually finish her books in no time.

I leave you with an aerial view of downtown Vancouver.

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I think it's best to make goals when you're not so overwhelmed. When you get organized you'll feel better :o)

Nice picture!

Jen said...

I always find that organizing my stuff is like a treasure hunt. I find so many things that I had forgotten about. Have fun.

anna s. said...

I didn't realize the location was so beautiful, thanks for posting the picture!