Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Scissor Fob

I have stitched a scissor fob, front and back and 3 1/2 sides together, leaving an opening for the batting. I had forgotten that I need to add something to hang the scissors on with. Would it be okay if the hanger was just from one corner or should there be something at the opposite corner ? I have looked at other scissor fobs and they all have both corners done. I thought of using a cording around it but don't have a color to match. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is for an exchange and I want it to look really good.

This is Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver. I have been there a few times, taking out of town relatives, but have never gotten the nerve to walk across.

4 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I've done fobs without both ends finished so no worries! Just put in something to attach it to the scissors and all is good!

I'm always happy to find another Canadian blogger!

Alberta said...

Loved for fob question...I'm hoping to make one this year!

As to the bridge, I'd need a bullet to bite on before I ventured across! Who knows, maybe my next visit to the BC city!

Pumpkin said...

I've seen them with loops on the corners Irene and I think they look perfectly fine :o)

Okay, you'd probably NEVER get me across that thing! Well, maybe if you put a few drinks in me. LOL!

Carol said...

Hi Irene - I only put a hanger in one corner (or in the top center) of any fob I stitch :-)