Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Murphy's Law

As I look back over the past month, if it was to go wrong it did. First my hot water tank, car battery, my Mom's fall and hospitalization. Then the hot water tank "again", parking ticket, door key breaking in lock, luckily there was enough of it to pull out. The tank needed to be replaced, the parking ticket was issued at Save on Foods parking lot at 4:18 p.m. stating I was parked there since 13:00 p.m. (2 hour limit) which was impossible as I was at the hospital. Finally figured out what went wrong, the chalk mark on my tire was from the day before. I disputed the ticket and they "forgave" it this time only. Since I am usually there every day I will now need to check my tires, hopefully it does not happen again. I'm sure there was something else, just can't think of it right now :)

Took my Mom to the cast clinic 4 days after she came home and there is a fracture, so the cast will be staying on till at least the end of January. The cast dr. who saw her will not be there so I need to make an appointment with another and their office is closed till Jan. 4th so we may even be looking at beginning of February. She hasn't been wanting to go for her coffee and donut, so I go and bring it home for her. She's making do with a pair of readers I got her, I know they are not the best but she does use them. Finally convinced her on Wednesday she needed to go and see about getting a new pair. We did and they will be ready in 2 weeks.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my stitching and plans for the new year. I was tempted by the 15 day challenge, but decided that really was not right for me.

I now think I have one in place for myself and with some tweaking, it should be ready for revealing tomorrow. So come on back to see what it is and there will be some pictures of my latest stitches.

4 comments:

Sharlotte said...

Well Irene, lets keep our fingers crossed that 2011 will bring better things for you and your Momma! Happy New Year!

sheri said...

Hi Irene, Sorry you've been having some troubles lately. I hope things are brighter in 2011. I'll be back tomorrow to check on your stitching plans! Best Wishes! Happy New Year!!!

Myra said...

Happy New Year Irene! Boy, you had some month didn't you. Here's hoping next year is much better. I will be back to see your plan. :o)

Pumpkin said...

Irene, I honestly hope that 2011 will be kinder to you :o) I'm glad you got the parking ticket issue fixed and that your mom is healing.