Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Friday, February 19, 2010

Right or Left Handed

I'm right handed and just this week realized there are some things you naturally do with your left hand. As you know I fell and injured not only the ankle, which is healing slowly, but did something to my left arm. It is not bruised nor swollen, so I really don't understand why it hurts as much as it does. I can't seem to put pressure on it. Some examples of this are, toilet handle to flush is on the left, so reach out your left hand and in my case yelp :) Sink, hot water tap is on left, yelp again. Going downstairs, hand rail is on left, hold ever so gently just in case I fall. Since I was walking much better decided to go to the store, getting in and out of car, BIG YELP ! I'm sure there must be more, but these are the ones I noticed.

Today was suppose to be a Friday Finish, went to cut out a fob I had stitched this week and went to hold the ruler in place with my left hand and rotary cut with the right and I almost cut the fob in half.

At least this hasn't stopped my stitching, as long as I don't need to cut the fabric smaller to stitch on. Hmmm.... maybe some WIP's will get done :)

8 comments:

Lorilee said...

Amazing how we don't realize the parts of our body that we use until our use of them is limited! Take care and heal quickly!

Melissa said...

Did you dislocate something? I hope you find out what's wrong or the pain goes away quickly by itself!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I hope your arm and hand feel better soon. You're right, until we can't use it, we don't know how much we really do.

Pumpkin said...

Maybe you should see a doctor :o( Please do if this doesn't get better soon.

Mylene said...

Hope your left arm gets better soon.

Carol R said...

I've had surgery on both hands at different times and I know just how you feel. I have long hair - try putting that in a ponytail with one hand; doing up a bra is practically impossible; buttering a slice of bread with one hand - the list is endless. I hope you recover soon.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope that hand gets better! You have to stitch!

lois said...

I noticed that you haven't blogged for a while. Hope you are OK and that your arm is getting better!!