Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Monday, February 15, 2010

No Medal for Me

I took quite the tumble at Trout Lake this morning. I wasn't watching where I was going and was along the edge of the gravel walkway and with all the rain it was uneven and I took a tumble. I felt my right ankle turn under me, and as I fell somehow used my left arm to try and brace myself. A city worker and another dog owner came to my rescue and offered help, as much as Tiger would allow them. The guy was trying to help me up and Tiger just looked him in the face and gave a low growl, she's such a good protector. Anyways, with the help I managed to get up and was able to stand without putting much weight on the ankle. I hobbled over to a log, closest place to sit, and sat for awhile, hobbled to my car and sat for awhile, thought about calling someone to come get me and decided I should try and drive home. I managed with using my left foot to brake. Hobbled into the house, sat in the recliner and Mom got me an ice pack for the ankle which by this time is swollen, but surprisingly not hurting as much as it did at first. Mind you I tend to have a high tolerance of pain for things like this. I was covered in mud, jeans and jacket are in the wash now, my favorite over the body purse may be ruined, I'll try and see if I can salvage it. Oh and my left arm hurts if I try to put pressure on it, so picture this, getting up from a chair not putting weight on your right ankle nor left arm. There really should be a medal for that :) I would win gold !

11 comments:

Myra said...

I say you win gold too! What a spill you took. Take care of yourself.

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry you took a tumble. I hope you'll be up and ready for your next medal event soon!! :)
(sounds like your pooch deserves the gold medal for being such a good protector!!!)

Carolyn NC said...

Ouch - hope it's nothing serious! Take care.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Ouch, one thing about a good recliner,,, you can stitch the time away. Hope you don't have to hobble for to long. And Kudo's to the protecting puppy.
Be always in stitches.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh Irene, I do hope your feeling better soon...that stinks!

Melissa said...

Ouch! I hope it's only a bit of bruising, Irene, and nothing more serious! Take care!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Oh NO! I hope you're feeling better soon - sometimes a day or two later is the worst. Keep icing it!

Yep, gold for you indeed. I guess that makes you the 2nd Canadian to win gold, in country, eh?

Pumpkin said...

Irene! I didn't think you were trying out for the gymnastics team! I hope you are okay. Taking a tumble like that, you could have really hurt something. I hope your ankle is getting better. ((((HUGS))))

Shelleen said...

Take care of yourself and hope you didn't do any damage that is serious.

Brigitte said...

I hope that nothing is broken and that you will get back to normal with just some ice put on your ankle.

Annie said...

Hope your injuries haven't turned out to be too serious. Maybe you are starting to feel better now, hopefully. Resting and stitching may be the best cure!