Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Telus TV and A Fib

These have been popping up around town like crazy. First you need to have Fast Speed Internet access, then you can get digital TV through the same access.

I was tired of loosing signal with the dish that I decided to switch. After all you got 3 months free service plus $60.00 in programming credits. It has now been 8 months and I have no complaints. The photo is of the one at the end of my block and I like how they camouflaged it.

I did stitch up the lovely tree design from Stitch Pink and do have a nice photo I could show you, but that would be fibbing. I decided to make a pillow out of it and had it all sewn up nicely, but there was this fold in the back material that bugged me, so I got the iron out, oh did I say I used dyed floss. Yup, the water ran out of the iron and all over the design and it ran like crazy. So I now have this awful looking un-stuffed pillow, I guess in hindsight if I stuffed it well that damn fold might not have shown. Does anyone know if there is a way of fixing this without ruining it even more ?

I recently added a couple of tickers to one of my posts and just realized the Birthday one was wrong.






To those of you who I thought I was a Christmas Baby, I couldn't wait that long. :)

4 comments:

Pumpkin said...

LOL! How did you forget when your birthday was???? ;o)

Now that's neat! Never seen that before. I'm getting sick of our provider because we keep losing signal whenever it rains or snows.

OH NO! I'm sorry Irene :o( That must have been so disheartning. ((((HUGS))))

Mary Ann said...

I have never heard of getting digital TV that way--sounds neat!

I'm sorry to hear of your pillow incident. I have no ideas on how to fix it. (hugs)

Nic said...

I had a similar accident, and ended up with red floss running all over the place.

Basically, I kept rinsing, rinsing and rinsing some more in *cold* water - I kept in in the kitchen sink and every time I passed, rand cold water over it, leaving on a towel to dry a little between times and overnight. I also put it in with a load of (dark) laundry a couple of times to get the remaining dye out, and it did go - eventually. I think it took two or three days though!

stitcherw said...

I love the way that they disguised it. It is so nice when companies take the extra time to make their structures blend in with a neighborhood.

So sorry about the accident with your pillow, you must have been crushed to see what happened. Other than to keep rinsing like was mentioned in another post I don't have any suggestions. Good luck.
Sue