Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Monday, December 03, 2007

Sammy Snowcone


This design is from Stitchy Kitty . I stitched it on 14 ct. blue Aida I had laying around using the called for DMC and DMC 115 for the scarf. I decided to stitch a back with the date and then stitched the two sides together. I'm pleased with how it turned out, even if I did forget to stitch the fringes on the scarf and put in a ribbon to hang it with. It sits in a basket and looks just as good.

When I looked through the December issue of TGOS with so many nice ornament designs, I decided to do this one. It is stitched on 28ct. DMC Linen col. 842 with CC Cupid. It is a very quick stitch, took maybe an hour. Not sure what I am going to put on the back of this one, but I am going to try and make a triangle ornament.
After all the snow we had Sunday, the Pineapple Express came through last night and poured rain all night long and most of the morning. The temps went up 10 degrees and all but a bit of snow is gone. :)

6 comments:

Sally said...

I love the Stitch Kitty ornament! It's so cute:)

Also love the Christmas tree. There are some gorgeous ornaments in this issue.

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! I had to look that Pineapple Express up. I'm so glad you put a link to it ;o)

I LOVE your snowman! He is very cute :o) I saw the tree in this month's issue and I like the design too. Cupid is absolutely gorgeous!

Dawn B. said...

I love the little snowman great work.

Mylene said...

Great finishes, Irene.
Have a nice weekend.

stitcherw said...

Both your finishes are lovely, my favorite is Sammy Snowcone, he's just to cute. We got some of the snow too, but not as much as it looks like you have, and most has melted off now.
Sue

Mary Ann said...

Fantastic finishes!! That little snowman is so cute!