Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Stressed out !!!

I have not been happy with the performance of my PC for some time now. I finally took the plunge and bought a new one and in the process of trying to save what was on the old one, I messed up and now the mouse or keyboard won't work. My brother is taking it to set up for his 4 year old grandson to play some games on. He doesn't know what I did ...yet :) I'm sure he will be able to fix it, so am hoping he will be able to save some files for me. There is so much in setting up a new computer. Luckily I printed out my e-mail addresses, and know where most of my favorites are and for those I don't am not going to panic, they will come up at some point.
My big problem is I can't find the CD to install the printer. It has got to be here, but for the life of me I can't remember where I thought it would be save to put :)

5 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

Those printer CDs have legs I swear!!

Enjoy your new computer

:0)

Jo said...

A lot of new PCs nowadays have a lot of printer drivers already installed.

You may be able to just plug the printer in and it will install itself from what is pre-installed on the machine... or if it won't recognise the printer you should definitely be able to get the drivers you need from the internet.

Mindi said...

Setting up a new computer is such a hassle, even worse is setting up an old computer after you've had to wipe the hard drive. You should be able to get the printer drivers from the internet pretty easily, I've had a few installation CDs take walkies too.

Pumpkin said...

Oh Irene, I feel for you! I detest computers but love them at the same time. Argh! It doesn't take much to press the wrong button, lol! I too have been looking at getting a new laptop but keep putting it off. Good luck!

Sally said...

Hope you get everything sorted with your new PC soon Irene. It is a pain tranferring everything.