Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Crow


32 ct. unknown with DMC 310
For some reason when I saw this I felt the need to stitch it right away. It seemed to take a long time, but in reality it was only a couple of days.
I have a couple of St. Patrick day items I would like to stitch, but would never get them done by tomorrow, so I am going to see what I have for spring. Speaking of Spring, ours has seemed to disappear. I'm finding it rather gloomy and colder than it should be.
On a rather sad note, I just got an e-mail from my LNS that they will be closing April 30th, after 35 years. Not sure why they are closing, if business is bad or it's for personal reasons. Right now all sales are final, but I'm guessing there will discounts soon. Guess I'll have to stock up on some stash :)

12 comments:

staci said...

Oh Irene, it's LOVELY! I love the backing fabric too!!!

Sharlotte said...

Very cute Irene! I'll have to go see if I can get it.

Theresa said...

This is adorable!!! The backing fabric is perfect for this little thing!!

Karen said...

Such a cute finish!

Myra said...

This looks great Irene. I love the added pin. :o)

Pumpkin said...

Great finish Irene :o)

I got an email from them and was wondering why they were closing too. I wonder if they will have good discounts online...

Olga said...

This is an adorable finish!Sorry to hear about your LNS store.

Siobhán said...

That is adorable! Sorry to hear about your LNS. I always try to support the brick and mortar shops/the ONSs that have brick & mortar shops because I hate to see them close.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

oh that is so cute. Nothing like a going out of business sale even if you know the people you can always find more that what you are looking for. Have fun.
Be always in stitches.

Melissa said...

You've done a great job with this piece. I love the front and the back! Just gorgeous!

I got that email too and my first thought was 'when will the sales start'? I'm a bit embarrassed but there it is!

Mylene said...

A beautiful finish, Irene.

Brigitte said...

This is a lovely little pincushion. When I saw the pattern I immediately printed it out and will stitch it in between peojects.