Books

Cross Stitch Happy

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Jammer and Floss

I went to Bellingham today in search of the .10cent DMC everyone is talking about and found them. The cashier had to scan each and every 271 of them individually. I always check for Jammers when I'm there and this time they had them. One would think since Walmart is selling out their stock of DMC they would discount the floss cards for storing them. Not so. I'm hoping I have enough on hand.

I am starting to feel overwhelmed with my WIP's and that they will never get done so I am dedicating this month of September to finishing them.

I work the next 3 days, so you probably won't hear from me again till next week.
Happy stitching !

7 comments:

Nicole said...

That's awesome you found the DMC! My walmart doesn't have any DMC at all! It's seems silly that they have to scan every skein. They do it to keep track of inventory to order more, but what do they care if they are no longer selling it? Anyway, congrats on the find and good luck with your wips! :)

Sally said...

Wow what a great haul of DMC!

Good luck with your WIPs.

Mindi said...

That is a huge pile of floss! Good luck finishing some of your WIPs in September, I have a feeling I've started too many projects and really should put a couple away for later.

Kim said...

WOW, WalMart sure isnt making them profit, but I hope that they find that DMC is a well needed product and bring them back!!

~~
You have been tagged by me, please read my blog.

~Kim~

Pumpkin said...

That's awesome Irene! I had to get a relative to look for me :o) She was able to pick up 77 skeins so far but is going back to get more. She wasn't sure if I wanted it all! LOL!

Janice said...

Wow!! Great deal!!! Have fun stitching!

Leeland said...

Wow! That's the nicest bargain I've ever heard of! Can you imagine that we pay one euro per skein in France?!!!
Love your frog! And also very touched to see a link towards my blog on your blog. Thanks a lot, Irene.
Take care!
Lili